Below, please find a resource developed by the Presidents’ Alliance, Supporting DACA Recipients on Campus: Top 5 FAQs for Public and Private Colleges and Universities. This FAQ address five common questions by campuses, students, and staff on the potential impact of a Supreme Court decision on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), renewal applications, employment options, REAL ID, and access to higher education. These questions include:
- When should DACA recipients renew their DACA in light of a potential negative decision by the Supreme Court?
- What will happen to pending applications if the Supreme Court issues a negative decision?
- What other employment options will DACA recipients have if their DACA expires or is terminated?
- What impact will the end of DACA have on access to in-state tuition, financial aid, and scholarships?
- What does the forthcoming nationwide implementation of REAL ID mean for a DACA recipient’s ability to obtain identification and driver’s licenses?
This builds upon the Presidents’ Alliance recent resource, Higher Ed Guide to Tuition, Financial Aid & Other Funding for Undocumented Students, which provides an overview of tuition, financial aid, and other funding opportunities for undocumented students, and action steps for campus leaders to consider taking.
Last updated February 4, 2020.