Below, the Alliance provides key resources and materials developed by partners and others that provide helpful information regarding the two Senate bills, Dream Act of 2019 and SECURE Act, and the recently passed Dream and Promise Act, H.R.6.
FWD.us, an Alliance Partner, produced two fact sheets on protecting Dreamers and TPS & DED holders.
- Comparison of DACA, Dream Act of 2019, and American Dream and Promise Act of 2019
- Comparison of the American Promise Act of 2017, the American Dream and Promise Act of 2019, and the SECURE Act of 2019
CLINIC maintains a variety of TPS and DED related materials, including:
- General Backgrounder on TPS and DED
- Chart Outlining Designation, Termination, and Extension Dates
- Resource Tracking Ongoing TPS and DED Litigation
The Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) has a mini-toolkit and resource page that contains information on dreamers and tools to contact Congress in support of the bill.
House — Dream and Promise Act, H.R. 6
District-by-District Economic Impact and Population Estimates. The University of Southern California published a district-by-district analysis of who would benefit under the bill, including, including their federal and state/local tax contributions; and spending power. The below resource is also helpful to customize your email/letter/call to your Representative regarding the specific economic benefits to their district.
- University of Southern California Center for the Study of Immigrant Interaction - Interactive Map: American Dream and Promise Act of 2019 Populations and their Economic Contributions by U.S. Congressional District
Additionally, the Migration Policy Institute (MPI) also provided estimates of individuals eligible for relief, though not by congressional district. The MPI and USC estimates differ slightly due to minor differences in methodology. Recently, MPI, in conjunction with the Alliance, published a fact sheet estimating that upwards of 100k undocumented immigrant students graduate from high school every year.
- Migration Policy Institute - More Than a DREAM (Act), Less Than a Promise
- Migration Policy Institute and Alliance - Fact Sheet on Graduation Rates for Dreamers
Finally, the Center for American Progress created and compiled a variety of resources related to H.R.6, including fact sheets on DACA, TPS, DED; the impacts on U.S. citizen relatives; and economic benefits. Most recently, CAP also released a city and county breakdown of the economic benefits of the population who would benefit under H.R.6.