This advocacy toolkit is geared for college and university campuses, including students, faculty, and staff to share resources and opportunity for advocacy on behalf of Dreamers, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and Deferred Enforced Departure (DED) holders in Congress. The toolkit contains resources for Dream Act of 2019, S.874 and the SECURE Act, S.879, two bills pending in the Senate that would establish a roadmap to citizenship for these populations.
This toolkit is geared toward supporting campuses and students in participating in federal advocacy surrounding the two Senate bills, the Dream Act of 2019, S.874 and the SECURE Act, S.879. The toolkit also provides resources regarding the House legislation on this topic, the Dream and Promise Act, H.R.6. The Alliance will also post future resources on the portion of its website dedicated to Dreamers and TPS & DED holders.
This toolkit contains resources from the Alliance and partners; instructions on how to contact Members of Congress; sample scripts and tweets; and more. For questions about this toolkit, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Presidents' Alliance Resources and Materials
- LETTER - Senate Must Protect Dreamers and TPS & DED Holders
- LETTER - Steering Committee Letter Endorsing Dream Act of 2019 and SECURE Act
- BLOG POST - The Dream and Promise Act, H.R. 6’s Implications on Higher Education
- STATEMENT - House Passage of Dream and Promise Act, H.R. 6
- STATEMENT - Introduction of Dream and Promise Act, H.R. 6
- STATEMENT FOR RECORD - Dream and Promise Act, H.R. 6 Markup
- LETTER - Steering Committee Endorsing Dream and Promise Act, H.R.6
- STATEMENT FOR RECORD - Protecting Dreamers and TPS/DED Holders
- POLICY BRIEF - Joint Brief with Migration Policy Institute Brief on Dreamer Graduation Rates